This story was shared by the two talented Moms behind Host to Perfection.
This Thanksgiving set a simple, yet a warm and cozy table that celebrates great food and amazing company!
From simple styling to more elaborate looks, there’s always a way to make your table feel festive. No matter the style you choose, setting the table for Thanksgiving should be pleasant and not be difficult to achieve.
This table layer rustic elements for a look that’s cozy and inviting. Glints of copper paired with the wicker placemats created the scene. Here are some elements we added to create this rustic and elegant style:
- Wicker chargers: rich in texture, the wicker charger adds a welcoming and rustic feel.
- Traditional turkey motifs dinnerware: To add some festive feelings to the table, we added a traditional turkey motif dinnerware. These gorgeous plates certainly set a warm atmosphere for a traditional dinner.
- Lanterns: lanterns centerpiece can add charm and elegance to any space. Choose small lanterns that are not too big to make it difficult for guests to talk across the table. If you want to add larger lanterns, make sure to place them on the side of the table, like we did here. In decorating, the rule of 3 is the golden rule, so to create a balance, we paired three lanterns on each side
- Pumpkins: Complete the look with autumnal elements. The pumpkins with succulents on the side bring natural beauty to the table without crowding the setting.
- Napkins and Place card: The napkins serve double-duty as elegant placeholders. We ditched the napkin rings for a more personal and creative way to dress up the napkin. We inserted greenery with a tied place card into a pocket folded napkin.
- The food: Thanksgiving is one of those holidays that revolves around food, so we reserved the center of the table for the “Hero of the night!”. A large wood board decorated with roasted garlic, oranges, persimmons and dried apricot holds Turkey. You can find here for more details on how to decorate your turkey platter. The sides were served on the lovely mini copper pans.
If you like this setting, you can use this table décor as a jumping off point for you to create a table that’s uniquely YOURS. Happy Holidays!
Thanks to The Local Moms Network for sharing this!